"Say Hello to
Independent Financial Advice"
A Consumer's Guide to
Structured Products Review of the Decade
The Review of the Decade, produced by Lowes Financial Management, compiles extensive research into the significant positive steps for the UK structured products industry has made throughout 2010-2019.
Macro analysis for the 2010-19 decade:
• 4,444 – structured products issued.
• 3,895 products matured.
• 2,467 maturities were capital at risk plans
• 60 (1.54%) of all maturities returned a loss
• 3 years, 9 months average investment duration
• 7.84% - average annualised return from capital at risk products
• 3.64% - average annualised return from deposit-based products
• 5.56% - average annualised return from income plans
Key findings include:
• Autocalls have grown to dominate the sector
• There has been a wholesale transition to simple, end of term capital protection barriers
• A move to longer maximum duration autocalls has repositioned market risk
• Higher risk plans are now extremely rare
Capital at risk
Review of the Decade
To access the Review of the Decade, please fill in your details below.