Join the leading Financial Management company in the UK.
Established in 1971, Lowes has an unrivaled history of providing Independent Financial Advice to a wide range of people throughout the country. Over the years the Company's personal approach to financial planning has helped both clients and Company to prosper and Lowes is regularly recognised as one of the UK's top 100 Independent Financial Advisers.
Essential experience: The post-holder should have a minimum of 2 years working within a financial services environment preferably within an IFA environment.
Preferably, candidates will have some previous experience of working within the pensions industry, ideally having dealt with pension transfer advice and income drawdown recommendations. It would also be advantageous if the post-holder has experience of a financial services back-office system, such as Intelliflo Office or similar. Candidates without experience of working in the pensions industry but with some suitability letter or report writing experience will be considered.
Education, Training, and Qualifications:
It would be advantageous if the post-holder is qualified to Level 4 Diploma status and/or has relevant pension qualifications.
Skills & Knowledge:
Proficient with Microsoft office packages including word and excel.
Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
To review Fact Finds (Financial Questionnaires) to ensure they are compliant and complete suitability letter or report, depending on client status.
Technicians will also be required to liaise with Consultants to ensure they fully understand all recommendations and gather all information required to ensure the advice is suitable.
Specific tasks include:
NB: This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to perform other and/or additional duties depending on the needs of the business and your particular skills:
- Provide pensions technical support to the Financial Consultants within the business ensuring the advice is suitable and compliant with FCA rules.
- Good understanding of pension providers across the UK marketplace.
- Review Fact Finds thoroughly to ensure all information to provide the basis of advice is available, in a clear format, and correct.
- Review the accompanying recommendation instruction to ensure it is suitable to the client’s needs and objectives, meets the client’s risk profile, is affordable, and that the instruction is completed in full checking for errors and omissions.
- Complete the Suitability Letter/Report in the appropriate time frame
- Ensure all accompanying documents are provided to support the recommendation.
- Provide suitability/report and accompanying documentation to Consultant with any specific notes that may help when presenting to clients.
- Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with compliance procedures.
- Carrying out the above in a timely fashion to meet deadlines.
- Comply with FCA, Compliance Department, Treating Customers Friendly, Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
- Assist with good customer outcomes and with particular reference to the 5 FCA conduct rules.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
To apply send a CV with an accompanying cover email stating first-year income expectations to Vacancy@Lowes.co.uk. Preference will be given to applicants who follow this instruction.
Please note that this post is for a position based full-time at our Newcastle upon Tyne office and that applicants must be able to travel to the office on a daily basis.